Thursday, May 17, 2007

OCAP Betraying Citizens

I was once an executive member of the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty and damned proud of that membership. In the late 1990's the debacle at the so-called Safe Park had me moving away but lately the beaurocracy at OCAP has been a major turnoff.
I was being held in a place called Vanier Centre For Women from Nov 05 to July 06.
My parents sent me $200 in a Christmas parcel which was stolen by the staff at Vanier. OCAP promised to help me then gave me the royal runaround.
I doubt that this would have happened if I weren't born in this country. They seem to be going out of their way to help anyone non-White.
Yes, everyone deserves fair treatment. I'd never deny that to anyone, but they have gone out of their way to help immigrants in the prison system while ignoring my plight after giving me several indications that I would be helped. There's no way my
being robbed of my money and clothing would have been dismissed if I hadn't been born in this country.

No comments: