Friday, May 25, 2007

Perceptions

I seriously think that we bend reality to suit our perceptions, or perhaps reality bends itself to those perceptions. In my religion Friday is generally not a good day: Our Lord and Savior was crucified by the very people he tried to save; we avoid meat on pain of mortal sin; we offer up our sufferings; and all prayers are ones of sorrow and contrition.
Since I adopted (or re-adopted) this stance there has been no shortage of humiliations and frustrations to offer up for the sake of lost souls.
Were Fridays all-ways this bad and I've only become aware through my seeking? Or did reality bend itself around my thinking to accomodate my perceptions?
It's the same with my novena prayers for the perfect home. Three times recently I've received key-chains as gifts---as if God and Mary and Jesus and all the saints are dropping me a hint that my novenas are being heeded, and I will soon have use for these keychains.
Time will tell but the way I've been tuned to my personal reality these days makes me cautiously optimistic.

No comments: