Thursday, May 10, 2007

Toronto's Worst Drop-Ins

The Worst Drop-Ins Located in Toronto:
The Corner Drop-In:
Staff open donations of food and take the freshest for themselves. Condescending moron called"Ole" or "Olley" has threatened physical assault of clients.
Scott Mission:
I have been physically assaulted by staff there, including having hot soup thrown in my face by a staff member.
The Meeting Place: Manager Brian (the Cyclops) has physicaly assaulted me by twisting my arms behind my back. I have been robbed there by staff and members alike: staff made fun of me after all my clothes were stolen and threatened to call police on me for"upsetting other members."
Staff also broke into my locker and stole all my property, refusing to give me compensation.
Queen West Community Health Centre: For five years I've been refused entry for arguing with a staff who is NO longer there. The Hellth Centre has repeatedly violated my most basic rights in the following manner: They refuse to release medical information that I require in order to find a new GP (I have degenerative arthritis in my back and am in constant pain). They refuse to advocate for me to get subsidised housing after I stayed with an abuser. They have had extra food there which they threw in the garbage rather than let me have it.
Salvation Army: River Street location refused my twin a Christmas hamper because she has cable television. (Is there some connexion here?)
St. John Mission: Accused me of theft and barred me for taking some mini-yogurts (6 out of over 2 dozen) when every one else had their plates heaped with food.
Sistering: The best of a bad lot, Sistering will not deny me meals or transportation, but show excess favouritism to immigrant women and to those who function at a sub-normal mental level.

Thus ends this rant but I'll be back. Comments welcome.

3 comments:

Ravyn Brown said...

I totally agree with U syster about those fucking "flopin places" they NEVER really help people who use them...they only help themselves to whatever they can get outta poor people...all these workers who work there like to do is control people, talk bad about them, blame them, perpetuate the cycle of abuse even further & to make matters WORSE for anyone relying on these dropins...I hate the fact they make matters WORSE for people & the DISEMPOWER people to empower their sick egos & their greedy selves...

I find these dropins have absolutely NO decent programs for people & they expect people like US to "know better" because we have brains in our heads & because we don't smell like shit/piss, etc...I hate the fact they cater to more retards than anyone & that they use these people to benefit financially for only themselves, what a greedy bunch of fuckheads!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. thanks. I agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Have you checked a drop in called OUR PLACE? lots of bullshit there. caters to the retards.