Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Real Prejudice

The drop-in and social housing scene is really ridiculous. Everything is for newcomers to the country. All the programs and housing is geared for them.
I'm not a neo-Nazi and I despise the very idea of judging people on the basis of race and so on, but tolerance has to go across the board or it's not tolerance at all. I'll never forget applying for YWCA Housing and being told "Our top prioity is to refugee women." When I argued that I'm homeless and have NO place to go I was told "If you're homeless it means you don't live with an abuser so that doesn't make you a prioity."
Recently I was living with an abuser but social housing won't help me because there are NO police records. I couldn't get the help of the police because my abuser was holding me against my will and threatening to destroy my ID that it took over a year to replace. It was a crackhouse so of course none of those arseholes would help me.
Face it, I'd never experience such blatant discrimination if I weren't White and if I hadn't been born in this country.


1 comment:

Ravyn Brown said...

I love how U wrote "CanaDUH" made me getta good ole laugh out of it!

I am sick too, of the fucking discrimination in this fucking CUNTry...of so called CanaDUH!!

I find the immigrants can discriminate all they want...they have programs like "for immigrant, refugee women/people ONLY"...what the fuck is that???? Talk about fucking racist'n racism!!!

Yet if us caucasian people wrote up programs for "caucasians only welCUM", we'd get mentally tortured for like years on end & there will be no end to it!!! I hate this racism crap & this ageism shit too...like for 16-24 year old youth for example...what if one is over the age of 24, they are considered USELESS? What the fuck??? I wish these fucking organizations & the gov't will give US a break!!